join our team!
Below is our most updated list of professional career opportunities with New Ventures. If you think you might be the right fit for our organization, please submit your resume to email@example.com with your position of interest listed in the subject line.
We would love to meet you!
The Vocational Specialist under the direction of the Manager will provide recommendations and assist with plans and directions of program services, manage a case load of individuals who are receiving on the job training for job skills and work-related skills and will work with community contacts to recruit individuals and provide services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide recommendations and assist with revisions of the program evaluation system
- Work to ensure individuals achieve improved work behaviors, work attitudes, and work habits
- Assist with the development of IEP’s on workers
- Maintain case files according to Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) standards to ensure quality services and certification maintenance
- Assist with compliance of all CARF standards
- Compile and record information in various job-related areas to include behaviors, production rates, work habits, physical, and mental limitations, and tolerance to provide realistic work potential information to both the consumers and the referral sources
- Maintain documentation and report recruiting efforts
- Seek, plan, and help implement staff training opportunities to ensure workplace knowledge is current regarding technological and procedural changes.
- Be aware of local community resources to seek or make appropriate community referrals.
- Participate in training opportunities to stay current on occupational practices and to remain current on work performed by the company
- Assist in planning, implementing, and updating classroom curriculum and assist in conducting classes
- Conduct intake to understand and respond to Trainee’s interests, goals, and develop program content to support
- Facilitate/deliver the content to participants through their Program
- Develop and administer assessments to monitor progress including pre and post assessments. Develop reporting tool to report out to Department Management and Senior Leadership
Requirements and Preferences
- Two years’ experience working with individuals in a related field (Training, Business, Staffing, career counseling) (Consideration will be given to individuals with specialized training, Internships, coursework)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from a four-year college or university in related field of study
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated desire to assist others with employment skills, employment, and overcoming employment barriers
- Ability to work well with others and to work independently
- Responsiveness to others needs, requests, etc.
- Ability to:
- read and interpret documents such as referral information containing confidential physical and personal data
- write routine reports and correspondence
- speak effectively before groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Willingness to learn and master other software applications
Please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Vocational Specialist in the subject line.
We desire priority referrals of Protected Veterans for job openings at all locations within the State of Georgia.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled.