At orientation, you and your vocational specialist will have talked and created a game plan with your goals in mind. Training is where the action starts!
In training, you’ll learn basic skills to succeed in your job placement and long-term skills to guide you in your personal life and your career. Based on what area you’re training in, you will either train at our campuses or on-the-job for local companies in the community.
Stages of Training:
The stages of your training are based on your needs. In general, training takes between 2.5 to 3 months (400-450 hours of on-the-job training). You could train in one area or several, depending on your situation.
- If you’ve applied through the GVRA, you’re more likely to move around in a few areas based on what works best for you.
Every two weeks, you will meet with your vocational specialist to discuss your progress and decide if there are areas you could use help in.
- During training, if the job you’re training for doesn’t feel like a good fit for you, your vocational specialist has an open-door policy, so stop by anytime to share your thoughts! Together you can talk it out, discuss your options, and try to find something better for you.
Areas We Train In:
We teach industry specific skills through on-the-job training. Below are some of the areas you could train in!
- Production and manufacturing
- Fulfillment, wrapping, assembly, disassembly, distribution, etc.
- Training takes place at New Ventures
- Janitorial and cleaning services
- Building cleaning, office maintenance, property maintenance service, custodial services, etc.
- Possibility to earn a Janitorial Training Certification from the Cleaning Managing Institute
- Training could take place at New Ventures or on-the-job in the community
- Lawncare services
- Lawncare training, basics of lawncare and how to operate high-end commercial mowing equipment
- Training takes place on-the-job in the community
Not seeing what you had in mind? Give us a ring and we’ll be happy to assist in any way we can!